Friday, January 16, 2009

blah pt 12083712879

I want to go on tour. I understand the logistics of traveling. I understand the tasks that need to happen. I see what happens and how things are handled with my own two eyes and it makes me want to alter my lifestyle to that of a nomad that lives in a moving automobile.

I compare the idea of "touring on the road" to the two backpacking treks I did in New Mexico. We would wake up at rediculous hours in the morning and we had to hike a certain number of miles to get to our next destination. Some hikes would be longer than others. We got them done early in the morning because nobody likes to be hiking in the middle of the day in the dry heat with the sun beating the crap out of you. After the hike, we would arrive at our campsite and do the same tasks every day. Unload the backpacks and set up camp, and do our daily activities. We would not get much sleep, and the next day we would pack our gear back up and hike on to the next location.

I don't think that wanting to go on tour, in any capacity, is too outrageous of a goal to have. Unfortunately for me, I'm not affiliated with any kind of committed musical business. This frustrates me.

My grades are excellent, I have a job, I have a roof over my head, I'm doing well financially, and my car runs so I have nothing to complain about.

No comments: