Monday, March 17, 2008

mixed feelings.

35/70 (halfway there)

CD Release show = suck. Everything that went wrong was out of our control. Blame the venue. Bands play at the living room every single night. They make a lot of money due to cover charges, and alcohol sales.

They don't maintain/update their sound system.

I was setting up, and I usually bring my own microphone. I exchanged an SM58 that looked as though it had been rammed up a goats vagina, if goats vagina's were in the shape of an octagon. I know Shure is notorious for making the most sturdy gear, but please...that microphone just looked horrible. Soundcheck went OK and I'll give them props for the cool LED lights they installed.

Our show starts and Zach's got a bad mic cable so all I can hear through my floor wedge is BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Dumbass sound guy exchanges the cable "OK you should be all set now dee dee dee." BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ. No dice. Vocals didn't kick in all the way until our set was past halfway over. Major bummer, but there's nothing we could do about it. Other things happened that kind of just added onto the whole clusterfuck that was our show tonight. Thank you to all that came. Come out to BVT on April 18th and see what we can really do, because I can guarantee you that what you saw tonight was in no way indicative of what this band is capable of doing.

PS. Fuck the Living Room.

No comments: