Sunday, May 18, 2008

summertime

Summer is finally in full swing. I finished this past semester with a 3.0 GPA, so I pretty much stayed consistent throughout the whole year. I guess it's a good mark to go into a new institution with. Strange observation I made: classes that I played alto sax: C. Classes that I played electric bass: A.

You make the determination as to which is my "primary" instrument now. Not like I didn't try to do well at sax, but I feel like RIC tried to change who I was. I play rock, funk, reggae, blues, and the like. I don't do classical, and I don't care for classical, baroque, or anything else I can't put some feeling toward.

I stayed up at FSC on Thursday night. Jayce, Zach, and myself went to Bill's Bar on Lansdowne Street across from Fenway Park to see KidNapKin, as well as pick up their newest release, Hush Now. While waiting to get into the venue, I noticed the construction going on renovating the Avalon/Axis next door. Now, I already knew that it was being torn down and rebuilt into a brand new venue, but I got upsetting news about the job:

House of Blues.

Hooray for chain companies buying out everything these days. In my opinion, there was nothing too much wrong with the Avalon, but if it ends up being a better venue, then I'll be content, as long as I can bring my camera.

I really want to record more music and I'm stoked about my first 40 hour paycheck that I'll be getting on Friday.

That's all for now? I'll probably do another post after the TC/ST/BH/SH show on Thursday night. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Cheers.

No comments: