Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I honestly can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow :).

I woke up at 6:30 yesterday morning to go to Guitar Center for the big 8 AM Memorial Day Sale. I saw a Bag End speaker cabinet for $100 and a Mesa/Boogie speaker cabinet for $250. I bought neither. Instead, I bought Presonus' version of a control surface, the "faderport." It's a pretty cool little device once you get it to work properly. That was the bitch end of the whole deal. Nothing like digging into your operating system's registry to find duplicate files of old drivers to delete and being afraid you'll delete the wrong thing and fuck up your computer for good. That's always fun. I got it to work though so I'm pretty pleased with everything now.

I've come across a new favorite pasttime (or is it pastime) that I'm slowly becoming good at: Mini-golf. I've gone 3 times so far and I'm 3-0. The first time, I shot 2 over par. That's pretty freaking good for not being an avid golfer. I must get that from my Dad because he golfs all the time. I tried legit golfing before. I was alright I guess, but nothing special.

Last night was weird, but I ended up going to Longhorn Steakhouse. That place never makes me unhappy. The Celtics/Pistons series has been close and entertaining, and the 2008 Red Sox seem to be the streakiest team in baseball. Lose 7. Win 7. Lose 3. Strange how sports works.

I'm done for now. I'm going to the beach tomorrow, although I bet it's still wayyyy too cold to be thinking about jumping in the ocean. I'll just bring my camera and try to be artistic.

Cheers

No comments: