Monday, December 10, 2007

This could just be the stress talking...

...but I really want out of RIC. Looking back, one of my biggest mistakes was that I totally didn't take the college application process seriously at all. It was pretty much "RIC" "music" "close to home" and that was good enough for me. Three semesters into it, and it's not turning out how I envisioned the college life. I have mediocre grades, a GPA just below 3, I'm taking classes that I have no interest in, and I have teachers bitching at me for not going to classes that I'm not enrolled in (yeah I'm still trying to figure that out too). Again, maybe it's stress, but I know that I would much rather be learning ProTools, engineering, video editing, and other cool shit like that, than memorizing Bach's Gavotte in G minor. Like I'm gonna at best get a C on this quiz tomorrow. What do I gain out of a shitty grade in a class that is going to get me nowhere in life? What am I missing here? I knew school was going to be tough, but I don't think it's very healthy to be losing sleep and literally getting sick to my stomach over it every night.

-Zach

No comments: