Sunday, July 6, 2008

Plain White Snakemilk Tour - Day 1

Hampton, NH

I woke up this morning at around 9:30 and finished packing for what has been, and is going to be a great vacation. I left Uxbridge at approximately 10:30 and made the trek North on 495. Two hours later, I parked my car behind the venue and grabbed lunch at the only place that looked familiar, and I will regret this later: McDonald’s. I know what you’re thinking. You’re on friggin’ vacation and you still can’t get away from that place. It’s like a disease. Anywho, the scene surrounding Hampton Beach is incredible. There’s a street that runs parallel to the ocean and it is bustling with children playing carnival games, teenagers soaking up the sun on the beach, and everyone else just getting a glimpse of what the beach life is about.

Doors opened at 6 and the interior of the venue was GIGANTIC to what I initially imagined. It was just a big massive space with multiple snack bars and vendors. The stage was equipped with some of the finest light and sound gear in the industry today. The first band, The Kung-Fu girls put on an interesting and eclectic set of music that really made me change my opinion of what I had thought of them before. Mae came on shortly after and did as well as they usually do. Futuro, Suspension, Brink, On Top, Anything, Just Let Go, Soundtrack, Summertime, and SEA was the setlist, as it will be for the next two shows that I’m going to. That was really the best part of the whole night. They finished playing and I thought to myself, “That was a fun time. Let’s do it again on Monday.” And so we shall.

Right now, I am parked in a service plaza alongside route 95 which I think I will make my home for the night. More to come soon!!

Cheers


*EDIT* - Yeah so I tried to sleep in that parking lot....wasn't happening. I drove home.

No comments: